Thursday, 3 November 2011

From Stoke to London to Lancing

So, after 3 days I've managed to make it home.

It all started way too early on Tuesday morning where we met at 8:30am (see! too early!) at Stoke train station and made our way down to London for our newest project - advertising a postmodernism exhibition at the V&A. I'm going to have to be totally honest and say that postmodernism is a brand new concept to me, but after having a walk round and getting cramp in my hand from furiously making notes and sketches I'd like to consider myself vaguely informed.

Zoom forward 24 hours to Wednesday and we found ourselves at the Design Museum. In all honesty I was pretty disappointed and a little bit felt like I was mugged after paying £5 and finding the museum was just one very small floor. After investigating further I could understand why we needed to see the museum and how it would benefit us, but I did make a point of writing in the comments box that it was overpriced for what it was. Although there was an awesome clock which I was extremely tempted to try and shove in my backpack!

After then visiting the Tate and finding a bit of information about Pop Art, we headed back to the hotel and decided to all go for a Nandos for Kerry's belated birthday. Being a Nandos virgin I was dead excited to have one after all the hype, but after I inhaled my chicken and chowed down on my corn on the cob I sat there feeling nothing but disappointment for this over-rated brand.

And now fast forward to today. After getting not nearly enough sleep I made the lonely journey home back to Lancing. Also having left my headphones on my bedside table at uni this journey could also be described as quiet and Ed-Sheeran-less!

Finally, it brings us to now. I'm in the lounge, living the life of luxury on my parent's laptop, reclined on the sofa and in control of Sky+. Despite these luxuries, I have to be honest and admit I am missing everyone back at uni (big shout out to house 15!) and am really excited to get back there this weekend.


So, that was entry number 1. If you made it through - thanks for reading and hopefully keeping your eyes open! I look forward to ranting at you in the near future!

- Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment